Monday, February 12, 2007

No money, but lots of luck.

It’s Tuesday and I only have 4 days of work this week – thank god for little mercies. I will be posting a bunch of pictures soon though thanks to the kindness of others. I will also be buying a new camera as soon as I get paid. Damn money just flows out of my hands like water these days, but what can ya do?

In other news, I had an awesome long weekend! I have been having awesome weekends for the past few months though so I gotta start knocking on wood when I say that. I went to the mountains of Oita for some more snowboarding (and learned to turn/stop on the front edge, woo hoo – though I paid for this dearly by heavily bruising my ass and right knee). Had a great party night in a hip-hop club in Oita city; Onsen day in Beppu (where it was so warm and sunny that we actually lay naked in the sunshine outside!) and then came back to Nag and went out again (ending up at a bar with Russian hostesses hard at work). I woke up spooning six people in a 2 meter wide space and felt as at peace as a newborn puppy. I have to say I really love some of the people around me here right now – things are always more fun when you have a good group to share them with. The Monday off I spent relaxing in a park near Dejima wharf in Nag, and as I lay in the grass in my t-shirt I sighed a bit thinking about how cold I will be in Toronto same time next year.

Tomorrow is Valentines` day and I am really feeling the love, though not the romantic kind. I am loving the single life these days! Maybe it’s the fact that the weather has been gorgeous or that I have so much to do, but I am not gonna question how happy I am right now. Instead I will work on becoming a snowboarding pro before all the snow melts in the mountains, and by that time I will be ready to work on my surfing again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home