Tuesday, March 06, 2007

At least somebody loves me....

I love elementary school days. They are by far my favourite day of the week for both amusement and self-worth reasons.

Today one of my ni-nensei (adorable 8 year old) girls came up to me and said the following (in Japanese of course):
Little Yuki: Lana-sensei taught us about monkeys today.
Me: Yes, I did. Do you like monkeys?
Little Yuki: *nods* I love monkeys. *hugs me*. I love Lana-sensei!

It was strangely soothing and it also made me realized that I don`t get hugged nearly enough these days. And I do have to admit, monkeys are pretty cool as well.

But of course, the kids they giveth and they taketh away. Later today, during school lunch, I was eating with the 2-1 class and one of the little girls asked me the following:
Little Akiko: Does rice make you fat?
Me: Um *surprised and not sure I understood correctly* I don`t know...
Little Akiko: Does Lana-sensei eat a lot of rice?
(ok now what exactly is she trying to say?? Luckily a smile and change of topic to which animal she likes best got her off of that train of thought).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home