Monday, April 02, 2007

Sexy Sakura!

My favourite Japanese season is here – Sakura! The cherry blossoms are in full bloom and the weather is warm enough for laying in the park under the blossoms in just a t-shirt. A bunch of us took yesterday (Monday) off for just that purpose. As we walked through a Japanese garden in the shadow of an ancient castle, the scene was made even more magical by the falling pink-white cherry blossoms – it was a view almost too beautiful to be real. Hayden played the guitar for some kids as Sandy braided my hair. Shawna and Aaron tried to figure out how to use a Japanese toy with the help of some old Japanese guy. Nearby a group of seniors played the shamisen and danced around doing a coordinated dance. Everything around us screamed `Japan!` -- well maybe not screamed, more like politely whispered while complementing us on our chopstick skills.

The rest of the weekend was rainy but it was still an amazing time. I stayed at a friend’s place in Nagasaki city and there was much fun and randomness though my liver is currently hanging on for dear life. There was dancing, handcuffing to prison bars, snack clubbing, drinking in the park, playing dirty card games, and even going to a classical concert where a friend sang opera. I also met two more Croatian Navy guys, which meant I drank a lot for free and got to practice my native language – they were really surprised to find another Croatian in a place like Nagasaki, as was I! Some parts of the weekend are a blur, but luckily there is photo evidence to refresh my memory (most of which will only be seen by a very select few, who will later be sworn to secrecy upon penalty of death). Today I have an office party to go to and tomorrow I am going wall-climbing with the girls followed by some healthy cooking. In fact, I would say life was pretty perfect right now – if only all the booze wasn’t making me fatter than a whale with binge eating disorder. I shall just have to jog more to compensate….or else heavily photoshop future pictures of me in a bikini.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home