Monday, April 09, 2007

come dolphin, let`s look out the window of this moving car....

I have been staring at a blank word page for so long that I am starting to consider the little dolphin helper (which I think might be unique to the Japanese version of word) in the top corner as a friend. It honestly warms my heart a little when he flaps his pixilated fins and pretends to shake water off his back. Clearly, lesson planning is not going so well today. Compared to high school lesson planning, I find it much harder to think of good activities for elementary school classes, yet I am supposed to have a book of effective lessons compiled, printed and collated by the time that I leave the center at the end of July. At least I am finally busy again.

The past weekend was, surprise, yet again a good one. They are starting to run together a bit at this point but there really is nothing like waking up with large piles of people around you who don’t judge you no matter how cracked out or rough you look, and going for a nice Sunday curry at Nagasaki’s best Indian restaurant.

New thing I learned this weekend: trampolines are hilariously fun! Why did I wait so long to try one out? Probably because I don’t often run into random trampolines….

More highlights of the weekend include: `dancing for dick` atop a cliff overlooking the sea; watching one of my friends being dry humped by a really old man, then humped by another friend, and eventually….humped by me; using a paper clip in new and inventive ways; fashioning hats out of random objects; writing bad poetry on a napkin in a deserted bar that some random person will find sometime in the future; trying and repeatedly failing not to bitch about men with the girls; illegally (but unknowingly) pulling up into a no-drive zone in front of a museum and making a friend dance reggae until being chased off by security; and wondering why all roads lead to Nagayo and yet we still got lost following a straight line trying to find a BBQ party there….

The Sakura are on their way out, and so summer is on the way in. Soon the parties will move to the beach, and I will hopefully tan myself into a colour that can wear the mistakenly dark make up powder that I purchased this weekend....more good times await! As the time of departure comes nearer though, I feel a bit as if my life is the landscape outside a moving car -- a colourful, but fast moving blur of objects and events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home