Sunday, May 13, 2007

I like pain

Well party-wise it was a quietish weekend – screaming karaoke and drunken trampoline jumping are the only hallmarks of the past two nights out. However, nature adventure wise – this weekend kicked some serious anus. On Saturday me and the girls went wakeboarding at our friend Nori`s shop. We stayed over at his on the Friday as well because the shop is right on the bay and has a huge trampoline to practice wakeboarding moves on. I almost killed myself trying to do front flips, which also quickly degenerated into trampoline sumo with the others – a highly safe sport, I assure you.

My first attempt at wakeboarding was less than glorious and left me feeling as if my arms had been ripped out. My second attempt was not much different and ended with a face plant into the sea. The other girls (most notably Shawna and Courtney) seemed to be naturals at it and had no trouble getting up and even attempting tricks. My start was slower but eventually I did manage to stand on the board and even be pulled along for a few seconds before once again planting it into the salt waters. Ah well, I plan on going again coz it was fun as hell!

Sunday was spent in a more relaxed way tanning at a waterfall. The water was still quite cold but given that I had swam there in March I felt like I could afford to give it a go. It was refreshing to say the least…and I fear that the cold it took me all last week to get over may now be back in full force. I guess I am just not that good at saying no to temptation!

This weekend a friend from Toronto is coming to visit me and the week after my parents are coming down! I`m excited to have visitors – seeing Japan through people new to it is always amusing and also it will be nice to see family. I might just drag my parents to some extreme sports…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home