Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Transitional Euphoria and other leftovers from the good ol` party days....

It`s amazing how much of an affect a three day work week can have on my mood -- I have been positively euphoric the last few days. Partially it`s the weather being gorgeous and my tan coming along nicely, but it`s also my parents coming for a visit, and many exciting things planned both within Japan before I leave and after Japan when I go to Europe for a bit before finally going back to Toronto. Notice, I didn`t say before finally going home. I don`t know when that happened, but I don`t see Toronto as home anymore. Whether it is the fact that my brother and parents moved away from there since me coming to Japan, or whether it`s just been too long since I`ve been gone, the fact is it no longer feels like a place I can go back to and make a life. Maybe I will change my mind when I go back, but likely I will just move on the the next place. I do have big plans for the future, but time will tell.

My parents arrive tomorrow and then we are off to Kyoto for some historical sightsteeing (i.e. me secretly drinking cold sake from a waterbottle as they obliviously galavant about ancient temples). After a few days I plan on bringing them back to Nagasaki where I am looking forward to introducing them to everyone, though I am a little anxious about how they will react to `the boys`. I am also dragging them to a battle of the bands event here, which my mother easily agreed to much to my surprise, until I later realized it`s because she thinks it`s an orchestral performance of some sort -- I plan on letting her keep that misconception until after the doors are closed and they have no way out of the venue...

My whole body is buzzing with the anticipation of things to come these days. In the back of my mind there are still some things to resolve and deal with but for the time being they have been pushed back in favour of `action mode`. It`s a good feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home